Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Summer

Our summer has been busy so far; my dad has been in the hospital and we have been rushing back and forth to see him. My husband is traveling. I haven't made as much progress as I had hoped with my curriculum guide, my big project for the summer, but I have done some on it. I have been thinking about it a great deal and much of what I need to do is already thought through - now to put it on paper.

Meanwhile I'm getting updates from Tecwil on sick people and political unrest.

I always thought it sounded really cool when an author was described on a book jacket as dividing her time between two places. You know: "Ms. X. spends half the year in Cape Cod and the other half on the French Riviera." I realized a couple of years ago that I divide my time between two places as well. They aren't as impressive as those places, maybe, but it could be said of me: "Ms. H. spends the majority of her time in a developing country and several weeks each summer in mid-America." Or: "Ms. H. divides her time between the third world and the first." Or: "Ms. H. lives on one planet during the school year and another one in the summer."

In any case, I hope all of my readers (all half dozen of you, as they say on National Public Radio) have not abandoned me because of my failure to post. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ruth-
I am still reading ... had not checked in a week or so but glad you are enjoying your time in mid-America ... I was there for four days but I laid in bed so it does not feel like I was there! Things are good and getting better here. Thanks for all your warm thoughts and prayers ... glad you are able to see your dad when he is sick. ~Tara

Bridget said...

I am reading too, but getting ready to go to TECWIL. And my laptop crashed, so checking is more difficult. Still reading though!