Saturday, April 14, 2012

Line Fourteen

Here's the fourteenth line. Tomorrow I add to the poem. I'll be pondering all day. Here it is so far:

If you are reading this
you must be hungry
Kick off your silver slippers
Come sit with us a spell

A hanky, here, now dry your tears
And fill your glass with wine
Now, pour. The parchment has secrets
Smells of a Moroccan market spill out.

You have come to the right place, just breathe in.
Honey, mint, cinnamon, sorrow. Now, breathe out
last week’s dreams. Take a wish from the jar.
Inside, deep inside, is the answer…

Unfold it, and let us riddle it together,
...Strains of a waltz. How do frozen fingers play?

1 comment:

Mary Lee said...

Ooohhh! We get to use another of our senses! I can see it, taste it, smell it, and I'm imagining the words on that paper I hold...