Friday, January 23, 2015

Poetry Friday: NPM Poster

It is always exciting every year when the new National Poetry Month poster is unveiled.  This year's is very different from previous posters.




It will definitely catch the eyes of my middle schoolers.  And the poem, "Eating Poetry," by Mark Strand, is equally fun.

Ink runs from the corners of my mouth.
There is no happiness like mine.
I have been eating poetry.

Here's the rest.

I've been busy all day, and I'm just now getting to post something at almost five.  I'm sure I'm not the first to share the poster!  I'm headed over here to see what everyone else has for today! 

7 comments:

jama said...

Cool poster! Hadn't seen it yet. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the poster and poem, and I hadn't seen it yet. Hmm, I wonder if he has black teeth from all that ink. Or a blue tongue. :-)

Mary Lee said...

Delicious! Thanks for sharing -- this is the first I've seen it!!

Tabatha said...

Love it! It's always interesting to see what they do with the poster.

Doraine said...

I do love this Mark Strand poem. I hadn't seen the poster yet, and since I started at the bottom of the list and worked my way up the PF blogs, you're the first to share it!

Linda B said...

The poster is a "wow" for sure, Ruth. That Mark Strand poem always, always grabs my students. They finally see what poetry can be. I'm sorry he is gone. Thanks, hope you have a lovely weekend!

Karen Edmisten said...

Oh, my gosh, Roz Chast did the poster?? I love it. Three of my favorite things: a favorite cartoonist, a favorite poet, and POETRY. Delectable.