Sunday, April 09, 2017

April 9th: Naomi Shihab Nye

One of my favorite poets is Naomi Shihab Nye.  I've posted many of her works over the years.

Here's "My Uncle's Favorite Coffee Shop" from May 2010.

In September 2014 I shared a video of her talking about teaching poetry.

I shared part of "Morning Glory" in October 2013, "The List" in October 2012, and "So Much Happiness" a year ago.  In July 2011, I posted "Trying to Name What Doesn't Change," in November 2008, "Steps," and in October 2008, part of "What Travel Does." 

What's your favorite Naomi Shihab Nye poem?

Linda has today's line for the Progressive Poem.


1 comment:

Linda B said...

Thanks for sharing these. I seem to love all of Naomi Nye's words, and you've remeinded me of a favorite prose poem, although poets.org has some lines arranged into a poem form. It's Gate A-4: http://gratefulness.org/resource/gate-4-a-immigration-hope-tears/ Thanks for a nice post today, Ruth.