Wednesday, February 01, 2023

Spiritual Journey Thursday: The Colors of My Life

This month our host for Spiritual Journey Thursday, Bob, asked us to think about colors. He wrote, "We are all called to be shining lights for others to follow. Are your lights bright and bold so that others can see them in the distance or are they soft and muted so that others won’t notice them until they are near you? What color is your light?"

 

I am not sure how to answer what color my light is, but I do know that I have been loving the colors I have been seeing lately in Uganda, my new home. They are a beautiful gift. Here are some recent colors.

 

 




"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17.


Check out other people's responses to this prompt here!

6 comments:

arjeha said...

Ruth, these are such happy and bright colors. They are welcoming to anyone who sees them.

Karen Eastlund said...

Ruth: Bright bold colors lift my spirits, sounds like yours also. Blessings...

Patricia Franz said...

Such brightness, Ruth...Feels very joyful. Is all of Africa so colorful? Where does that come from (culturally, spiritually, etc)? Have you always leaned to the bright colors?

Margaret Simon said...

I'm fascinated by your new life in Uganda. I love the straw(?) bag. I bought a similar one and use it for my crochet projects. I'm so happy to "hear" your voice again.

Fran Haley said...

Such vibrant colors and patterns - so uplifting, Ruth!

Carol Varsalona said...

Ruth, I am happy that bright colors surround you and I love the scripture verse. You invited us into your world and I thank you for the sights. May new colors make your new adventure a look into a bright future. I love the colors of Uganda crafters. The charity I support is located in Masese. The Mothers of Masese make such amazing beaded products.