Monday, October 22, 2007

Books Middle School Boys Will Fight Over

I know, I know, we're not looking for ways to get them to fight, but I have to admit I was secretly happy when my boys almost came to blows over a book. The series many of them are enjoying right now - and fighting over - is the Spy High series. I also have lots who are reading the Artemis Fowl books. I see from the site I just linked that there's a graphic novel coming out. I don't have that in my classroom - just the old-fashioned ones with words in them. The kids love them.

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Have you read "The House of the Scorpion"? I'm guessing some boys would like that too.

I just finished The Messenger by Lois Lowry. I did like it better than the 2nd book. What did you think about it?

Ruth said...

No, I haven't read "The House of the Scorpion," but I do have it in my classroom library, and the kids who have read it have enjoyed it.

I liked "Gathering Blue" better than "Messenger." But "The Giver" is one of my favorite books of all time, so it's hard to compare with that.