Sunday, January 27, 2008

Weekend

Well, I don't know where this weekend went. It seems as though it just began, and now it's over. I worked in my classroom as usual, but there were internet problems at school and I couldn't even get on my blog to correct a spelling mistake - yes, I know it's supposed to be "hallowed," not "hollowed," and it's fixed now. I didn't even look at this week's Saturday Review of Books until this evening. At home, our internet connection wasn't working at all, but oddly it worked fine when we switched the computer on this afternoon.

My unreachable spelling mistake, which I could look at but not repair (kind of like an itch you can't quite get to), was clearly not the most important thing going on in the world. Tara had a baby in the hospital with meningitis (I'm so glad to see she's doing better), things got worse in Kenya, and assorted bad things happened all over the place.

Just as well I couldn't get online.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back in cyberspace (assorted bad things notwithstanding).

T and T Livesay said...

love you ruth ... not having internet is the WORST - I have it in a haitian hospital. crazy! Still reading you and still hope to see you sooner rather than later.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you this morning, after reading another disheartening report about Kenya. Prayers going up for you and for Kenya...