Monday, June 02, 2008

Missing K.

As school ends, we have been having a lot of chances to think about the year: slide shows, the yearbook, speeches for 8th grade Promotion, class conversations on what we will remember from the 2007-2008 school year.

Several times I have been blindsided by grief, by memories of our friend and colleague whom we lost in October (I posted lots of times about her in October and November of last year, especially). Every time I see a picture of her, looking so healthy and beautiful and so young - I am overcome again. How can it be true? How can she be gone? Just a few months ago she was here with us, such an important part of our lives, and now we have moved on as much as we can, but she has left us sad, missing her, wanting her back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can see how the pictures would get to you.

I'm sorry. :-(