Thursday, February 25, 2010

Love is Still a Worthy Cause

by Sara Groves

Have you listed all the times you've tried
Do you call on all your alibis
When somebody asks the question why are you hiding

Did you feel the pull, did you hear the call
Did you take a chance and lose it all
Do you fear there's no collateral left for trying

Chorus

Friend I know your heart is raw
But love is still a worthy cause
Picking up and pressing on
Oh love is still a worthy cause
Like the touch that starts the thaw
Oh, love is such a worthy cause
Or the word that breaks the pause
Love

In the midst of passing bravery
In the face of our own injuries
Is the constant generosity of grace

It's the beauty in the tales we tell
It's the pressing on and ending well
It’s the joy that comes when we give ourselves away

I love because He loved me when I had nothing
I love because You loved me when I had nothing
I love because He loved me when I had nothing
I had nothing

When you count the cost and all seems lost
Love is still a worthy cause
When you're pressing on though your strength is gone
Love is still a worthy cause

Oh, love is still a worthy cause
Oh, love is still a worthy cause
Oh, love

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Wow, that really is a powerful story - especially how she sums it up at the end. "God is not asking me to save the world, He's asking me to pay attention to the individual people he puts in my life." That's a good reminder for all of us...