Saturday, January 23, 2016

Reading Update

Book #1 of 2016 was Gary D. Schmidt's book Straw into Gold.  I didn't love it like his newer books, but it wasn't bad. 

Late last year I figured out how to borrow library books from the States on my Kindle.  Books #2, #4 and #5 were acquired that way.  I really love having this option.  The books were The Truth and Other Lies, by Sascha Arango; Stella by Starlight, by Sharon M. Draper; and Did You Ever Have a Family, by Bill Clegg.

Book #3 was Depression: Looking up from the Stubborn Darkness, by Edward T. Welch.  This was a useful read.

Book #6 The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie.  My daughter's reading this in her Adolescent Lit class, so I decided to read it, too.  It's sad but also entertaining, and my first read by Alexie.

Book #7 was another YA title, To All the Boys I've Loved Before, by Jenny Han.  My students are going to like this one a lot, and it didn't end the way I thought it would.


No comments: