Monday, August 07, 2006

Lebanese Bloggers

Here's an article about bloggers in Lebanon. I've been trying to find some of the blogs mentioned in the article (none are linked) but almost everything I've found so far has been in Arabic, which I unfortunately can't read.

I feel so sad for both sides in this conflict. Most of the people getting hurt, as always, are people who aren't political at all - they just want to live their lives, raise their children, be at peace. That's true in conflicts around the world.

Yesterday at the church I was attending, someone said, "We need to be sure to pray for Israel." I waited for him to add "...and Lebanon" but he didn't. (This wasn't the pastor - it was someone giving prayer requests during the time allotted for that.) I don't understand this. Ten times as many people have died in Lebanon. PEOPLE. What difference does it make what their nationality is? They are human beings.

No comments: