Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Fun Day

I took a personal day today (we get two per year) and went out in the country with a friend to visit another friend, one I hadn't actually met before today but just knew through her blog. There was also a woman who is here adopting, whom I hadn't met before either. We had a nice day, eating brunch and just talking. It was so relaxing for me to do something different other than go to work, come home, go to work, come home. It was also nice to be in a place that is quiet and peaceful, away from the racket of the city.

I left my own students with a highly competent sub, so no worries about whether they would run wild. And sure enough, everything went well, and I came back to a stack of work to grade.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! We only get 1 personal day, so I'm saving it. There's something so enjoyable about doing other things when you should be working.