Monday, June 11, 2007

Finally

I managed to take the "couple of hours" of work and make them last all day! Hooray for me! I finally got checked out this afternoon, though. Now, in theory, I shouldn't have to enter my classroom again until August. I tried to bring everything with me that I would need - the books I need to use, mainly. We'll see if I succeeded. I've seen blogs by people who say they get locked out of their classrooms on the last teacher work day and aren't allowed back in until the teacher work days at the beginning of the next school year. Fortunately, we can come and go as much as we want. It's a bit of an adjustment for me to stay away for very long after working there six days a week since school began!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for you! My sons' school is getting very dusty construction work over the summer, so all the teachers have to pack up their rooms completely, and they're going to be locked out this summer (that's not true in a typical year). I've been helping a tiny bit, but I know they've been spending hours and hours on the weekends as well. It must be nice for you to feel DONE! Enjoy your break. :^)