Saturday, June 23, 2007

Statistics

I wrote this last night, but didn't have an opportunity to post it.

Hours in US: 30
Number of different states seen on license plates: 35
Number of blowouts: 2
Number of blowouts previously experienced by my husband in nearly 30 years of driving: 1
Hours spent in tire shop: 2
New tires bought: 4 (After the first blowout we only got one new one, but after the second we went ahead and replaced the rest.)
Amount of money spent that we weren't planning on: I could figure this out, since I have all the receipts, but it would be a depressing statistic.
Number of issues of People I read in the second tire shop, thus updating my sadly lacking knowledge about celebrities and inspiring the format for this post: approximately 5
Number of times we thanked God for bringing us safely to today's destination: many

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch. Did you see most of the license plates while in tire shops, or on the road?

Glad everyone is safe and sound. Enjoy your trip (and tires) from here on out!

Ruth said...

Ha ha! On the road. We always collect license plates while we're traveling in the US, but this was one of our all-time best days.