Friday, February 08, 2008

Médecins Sans Frontières


If you are looking for a place to donate hard-earned money, let me suggest this one. I have no connection with this organization, but I have been privileged to watch them in action this week. I was still in a third-world hospital, but it was wonderful to see how respectfully people were treated, the high-quality medications given free, and the hundreds of women and babies being helped. Life is still hard, but MSF is trying to make it easier. There was a poster in the hallway that said that you shouldn't have to die while giving life. Amen to that. Here's their US website - Doctors Without Borders.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

My sister has worked for MSF for years--a great organization indeed!

Amy said...

I worked with some doctors and a couple of dentists that were part of their program in Brazil.

They offered free health screenings, medicines, dental work, and even one minor surgery on a boat anchored at the edge of the Amazon River.

Definitely work worth supporting.