Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve


We got back from the beach last night to find electrical problems in our house, including a fire that had apparently taken place sometime while we were gone - a surge protector under our bed was melted and a charger was blackened but not destroyed. The electrician (to whom I am planning an ode) came over right away and set things to rights.

Now I am unpacking and putting away and listening to a Christmas present from my husband, English Majors: A Comedy Collection for the Highly Literate.

1 comment:

Janet said...

So glad the fire and its effects were limited! Yikes.

Happy 2009, and enjoy your Christmas present. :-)