Sunday, November 07, 2010

Back to Work

Tomorrow I have to go back to work. I'm ready - my lesson plans have been done since Thursday, and my grading is all done, and I'm ready to see something other than my house. But work?

I only worked two days last week, since Monday and Tuesday were planned holidays and Friday became a Hurricane Day. Since I had caught up with grading on my free days, I lounged around most of the day Friday and all weekend. And you know, it's easy to get used to that.

Mind you, I'm not complaining. Six months of no job to go to cured me of complaining about my job. Each day is a gift and a blessing. I love my students and I love doing something that I'm good at (some days) and enjoy (almost every day). It's so much fun working to encourage kids to love reading and writing, to "craft literate lives," as Randy Bomer puts it in a great book I've been reading for as long as I can remember, and will one day finish.

But that doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy the rest.

1 comment:

Kathie said...

Thanks for the book link! I ordered a used copy for $.81 + shipping, cost me less than $4! It looks great!