Monday, November 08, 2010

Monday

It was good to be back to a normal school day today. I enjoyed teaching, used my free period to write a poem, and still caught up with all my grading.

My husband was out of the country this weekend (I never like to tell that on my blog until he gets back, lest criminals read it and come rob me - senseless, I know), and got back today. While he was gone, as usual, things fell apart in the house, with the most dramatic example being an electrical fire leaving charred wires and no city power - again. (Oh yeah, and there was a hurricane. But maybe I mentioned that already.)

In any case, it's good to have him back.

4 comments:

Tricia said...

My husband was born during a hurricane - well, kind of. Something like that. I need to get the full story again.

His grandmother, however, was really truly born during the 1900 Galveston hurricane. They had evacuated to the mainland.

Ruth said...

Wow! That's amazing! One of the first things I thought after the earthquake was how glad I was that I wasn't pregnant. I didn't think to be grateful for that during the hurricane, but now I am!

T and T Livesay said...

So glad he is back home. Hate doing the single lady thing in Haiti. Excited to see you in 50 ish days. :)

Ruth said...

Yay, Tara! Hurry home!