Saturday, April 30, 2016

And it's a poem!

Here's the completed poem, along with an illustration.  For the fourth time, thirty writers have worked together to make a Progressive Poem for National Poetry Month.  Click over to read Donna's line, or look below to see the whole text. 



Thanks to all the participants (listed below).  It's been fun!  Same time next year?


April
2 Joy at Joy Acey
3 Doraine at Dori Reads
4 Diane at Random Noodling
8 Janet F. at Live Your Poem
11 Buffy at Buffy's Blog
12 Michelle at Today's Little Ditty
13 Linda at TeacherDance
14 Jone at Deo Writer
16 Violet at Violet Nesdoly
17 Kim at Flukeprints
18 Irene at Live Your Poem
19 Charles at Poetry Time
21 Jan at Bookseedstudio
24 Amy at The Poem Farm
25 Mark at Jackett Writes
26 Renee at No Water River
27 Mary Lee at Poetrepository
29 Sheila at Sheila Renfro
30 Donna at Mainely Write



Thoughts Take Flight

A squall of hawk wings stirs the sky.
A hummingbird holds and then hies.
     “If I could fly, I’d choose to be
      Sailing through a forest of poet-trees.”
A cast of crabs engraves the sand
Delighting a child’s outstretched hand.
     "If I could breathe under the sea,
      I’d dive, I’d dip, I’d dance with glee."
A clump of crocuses craves the sun.
Kites soar while joyful dogs run.
     "I sing to spring, to budding green,
     to all of life – seen and unseen."
Wee whispers drift from cloud to ear
and finally reach one divining seer
who looks up from her perch and beams —
     "West Wind is dreaming May, it seems."
Golden wings open and gleam
as I greet the prancing team.
     "Gliding aside with lyrical speed,
     I'd ride Pegasus to Ganymede."
To a pied pocket, the zephyr returns.
Blowing soft words the seer discerns
     "from earthbound voyage to dreamy night,
     The time is now.  I give you flight!"
Yet I fear I am no kite or bird –
I lift!  The world below me blurred
by tears of joy.  I spiral high,
     "I hum, I dive, I dip, I hive!"
     "Behold, Spring is but a dance away!"
I grasp my pen, then capture this day.

 

No comments: