Saturday, April 23, 2016

Happy birthday to me!

Ten years ago today, I started blogging.  When I look back at all that's happened in my life since then, it feels as though I am not even the same person who first worked on figuring out the intricacies of Blogger and felt proud to know how to add a hyperlink.  I am thankful for the way this blog has helped me express ideas and make new friends.  Shakespeare wrote that his love would not die, because he had immortalized her in his words.  I have no such illusions about how long any words of mine will continue to be read, but I am glad to have preserved thoughts at least for longer than the moment when they flashed across my mind.  I often go back and check on what I was reading and thinking at a given point in the past, and if I have any other readers (and sometimes I do), that's a bonus.  Thanks for reading, if you're here.  High five and happy birthday to me.

5 comments:

Linda B said...

Happy Anniversary, Ruth. Ten years is something very special to celebrate! Since I've been reading your posts, I've enjoyed every one. Your words teach and entertain always.

Anonymous said...

Cheers! Very proud of you, and I love reading your blog! Keep it up!

Unknown said...

Congratulations. An amazing achievement, as well as a good read.

Jane Heitman Healy said...

Happy blog birthday!

Carol Varsalona said...

Congratulations!