Saturday, December 30, 2006

Books Read

Lots of bloggers are posting lists of all the books they read in 2006. I don't know all of them. A lot, though.

A few years ago I kept a list of all the books I read in a single year. It came to 105. I started doing it again the next year, and filled about a page, and then the list abruptly ends. There's not a date written there, but I can tell it was right at the start of a pregnancy - that point where I lose interest in everything for about three months. And then I never resumed the habit. (I still read, of course. Even when I lose interest in everything, I keep reading. I just didn't write the books down.)

So maybe I'll try it again this year. It is nice to have a record.

But here are some books I read this year, along with links to my review, or a quote I posted, or just a mention of the book:
Sixpence House.
Running the Road to ABC.
In the Middle and Naming the World.
Gathering Blue and The Giver.
Acts of Faith. (OK, I didn't read this one this year - I read it last year. But it's still good.)
Literature Circles: Voice and Choice in Book Clubs and Reading Groups. (I talked about that one again here.)
A couple of books of Naomi Shihab Nye's poetry.
How Writers Grow: A Guide for Middle School Teachers.
Twilight and New Moon.
Seedfolks, though I don't name it in the post. This is a great book and one I highly recommend. (Here's a link to that one on Amazon.)
What You Know by Heart.
Gods of Noonday.
Reading Lolita in Tehran. (Again, not one I read this year - it's been a couple of years. Just a belated posting of the review.)
A whole bunch of kids' books, plus The Temple of Music and Home Life.
Here I wrote about summer reading and my students' reaction to it. Here I opined about reading aloud to my students. And here I wrote about my students reading to younger children.
Here's some of what George W. Bush read.
My Reading Profile.

This is a very misleading list of books. For one thing, it looks as though teacher books form a much higher percentage of my reading than they actually do. For another, I just plain didn't blog about the majority of the books I read. I'll try to do better in 2007.

No comments: