Wednesday, December 13, 2006

It Happened to Me, Too

In this post, Ms. Cornelius linked to a recent news story and took bets on how long it would take her students to bring it up. I smiled when I read this a few days ago, but didn't really think it would happen in my classroom. My students don't usually talk about the news except when it's from Tecwil - then they talk about it a lot, sharing all the rumors they have heard.

Well, yesterday one of my seventh grade boys raised his hand and told the whole tale, to much hilarity. Flatulence stories they know about, apparently.

Hmm, maybe I should do a whole thematic unit on flatulence - clearly it's a subject they are interested in. But all I can think of to read is The BFG!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It really is a funny story, even if one is not a boy in grades 7 - 9--so long as it is not happening to me or near me!