Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Breaking News!

I was at the bank today and in the lobby there was a big screen with headlines flashing on it. One of them was that Angelina Jolie's obstetrician had called a press conference.

I really think every time a woman goes into labor, a press conference should be called, because what is more exciting than the birth of a baby? Certainly once the birth has happened, a press conference should be called and there should be much rejoicing and photos in People magazine.

But, as I found out when I hurriedly looked up the story upon my return home, not only have the babies not been born, not only is Angelina not in labor, but the birth is still "weeks away." Yes, the doctor called a press conference to inform the world that an obviously extremely pregnant woman is going to give birth in a few weeks.

At least I didn't miss the news, thanks to the big screen at the bank! Whew!

No comments: