Friday, July 25, 2008

Poetry Friday - Fold Me a Poem


Among the many books brought home by my children from the library was this one, Fold Me a Poem, by Kristine O'Connell George and illustrated by Lauren Stringer. We have all been enjoying reading it.

On each brightly-colored page we watch a little boy making origami animals and read wonderful, quirky poems about the fun he is having.


Protection

At one end
of the table,
the rabbits.

At the other end,
the foxes.

I don't
want
trouble.


Dragon

Dragon!
Behave yourself.

Remember:
You are
made of
paper.


At the end of the book there is a list of resources for learning how to make these animals yourself. You can also check out the websites of the author and illustrator, Kristine George and Lauren Stringer.

The roundup is at A Year of Reading today.

3 comments:

Mary Lee said...

Please forgive me for slipping past you in the round-up! I'm SOOOooo glad you came back and tapped me on the shoulder. This book looks great! Poetry and origami -- what fun!

Anonymous said...

What a neat idea! Maybe I could find this book at the library. Someone gave us an origami kit but I've not yet had the gumption to play with it. Poetry would boost my courage I'm sure!

Anonymous said...

I nominated you for an award: http://writer2b.wordpress.com/2008/07/27/awards-ceremony/

:-)