Monday, June 28, 2010

Getting Ready

Today I bought some books for my classroom, including some potential read-alouds, for the first time in months. I am starting to get excited about teaching again. For a long time, every time I have thought about my classroom or my work I have pushed the thought away. Now it seems to be close enough that it might actually happen.

One of my eighth graders sent me a message a couple of months ago saying that she really missed me, and adding that, to her great surprise, she missed my class, too. In her new school she didn't get to express herself in writing, the way she did in my Writer's Workshop classroom.

I am so looking forward to reading my students' writing again. Remind me of that, would you, when I start complaining about how much grading I have to do?

2 comments:

Janet said...

"I am so looking forward to reading my students' writing again."

I was so ready to say something encouraging and nice, and then you went and said that. Now all I can do is giggle.

(Janet hangs head in shame...)

Ruth said...

Ha! Well, now you can see how much all of this has affected my brain...

:-)