Sunday, December 12, 2010

Eleven Months

Today marks eleven months since the earthquake. Haiti is in the midst right now of another crisis. CNN asks, "Are you in Haiti? Share your Palin images and cholera updates with CNN iReport." That article is so full of crises that there's barely room for Ms. Palin. It seems the crises never stop, but I'm taking a moment today to thank God for my life, and for the lives of all of us who survived that day back in January. Life will never be the same as it was before, and we grieve all who were lost, but we are alive. And to quote a philosophy I saw on a tap-tap once, "Where there's life, there's hope."

I thank God for every day He gives me. I thank Him for each day I have lived since January 12th, for every moment. I thank Him for the blessing of life, which is full of so much pain but so much beauty as well. I thank Him for hope that in spite of what we see around us, it will be better some day. "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

No comments: