Friday, December 03, 2010

Mango



I got this mango in the cafeteria today with my school lunch. I took a picture of the glorious fruit with a dictionary, for size comparison purposes. I didn't eat it yet because I didn't have time to go home and take a shower and brush my teeth before my next class. But I will be eating it as soon as I get home.

Don't hate me because I live in a beautiful tropical country where it's warm and sunny in December and we get mangoes like this for lunch on an ordinary school day. Some of us just get all the blessings.

4 comments:

Andy Bowen said...

That's not why I hate you at all.

Why did I have to be allergic to mangoes?

Ruth said...

So do share, why do you hate me? Did I cause your mango allergy? Did I? Did I?

:-)

Matsu said...

I like that you measure things (size) not by a tape measure, but by a dictionary. That is very English Teacher of you!

How tall is your son, now?
"Oh, he's about 12 dictionaries tall."

Unknown said...

Mmmm. Mangoes.

I remember the mango husks that littered the ground from school all the way home, in Nairobi. Of course, they were small, nasty mangoes, but, still, it's a great memory.