Monday, April 01, 2024

It's National Poetry Month!

It's April, and that means National Poetry Month! I am not planning to do daily posts this year, but I do hope to post slightly more than I usually do in the rest of the year. As I have in the past, I will be doing some spring-cleaning of my desktop by posting poetic tabs I've had open for a while. Then I will be able to close the tabs. 


For example, I've had this tab open since Jama posted it in March of 2022. That's right - two years. It's a wonderful poem called "What is the Pond Doing?" by Diana Hendry. 


It starts like this:

 

What is the Pond Doing?

by Diana Hendry

(for Ruairidh, who asked)

 

Wobbling like a wobbly jelly

Being a bucket for the rain

Sending flash-backs to the sun

Cheeking the sky

Giving the moon a bath

Letting swans, ducks and winter leaves ride on its back

 

You can read the rest here


Today is the beginning of the 2024 Progressive Poem, and the first line is here. I'll be adding my line on the 8th.



No comments: