Saturday, April 06, 2024

SJT: Everyday Miracles and NPM 2024: Day 6

We went away for a few days and although I had scheduled some posts for while I was gone, I missed this month's SJT (Spiritual Journey Thursday). Our host, Bob, chose the topic "Everyday Miracles," and posted here


It felt miraculous to get some much-needed time off at Lake Nabugabo, a beautiful and birdy spot. I took lots of pictures, and it's surprising how many of them were of the sky. (I didn't take any at night because I knew I couldn't do justice to the starscape, but take my word for it: that was gorgeous too!) Staring at the sky, so far above us, is therapeutic when so much down here on earth is challenging. So here are some of my sky photos and Mary Chapin Carpenter's song "Sometimes Just the Sky." Her words will also serve as poetry for today's National Poetry Month post.






 

Margaret has today's line for the Progressive Poem. Mine's coming up on Monday! 




8 comments:

Tabatha said...

Gorgeous photos! Glad you had rejuvenating time-off.

Patricia Franz said...

Miracles come in all forms, Ruth - even in rest and relaxation.
Thank you for sharing Mary Chapin Carpenter -- and oh, those skies!

Karen Eastlund said...

Ruth: Thank you. I can only echo: sometimes just the sky. Yes...

Ramona said...

Ruth, so glad to see your gorgeous pics and know that you had regenerating time away at a beautiful and birdy spot. I love the sky too.
And the Mary Chapin Carpenter song is new for me. I love it when people share music on their posts. My sister loved owls. I was always on the lookout for for owl things for her. We had owls near our home in WA and while I never got a pic, our neighbor across the ravine got a beautiful pic. I'll send it your way. They are truly fascinating creatures. I had one swoop right over my head on an evening walk once. It felt a bit scary.

arjeha said...

Ruth, a miracle can just be getting away for a bit when we need it most. The sky is certainly miraculous with its ever changing colors and cloud formations. Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures. Bob

Margaret Simon said...

I love to look at the sky. Many of us will be doing it intentionally with safety glasses on tomorrow. Your pictures are wonderful.

Carol Varsalona said...

Ruth, I am sorry that I am reading and commenting on your SJT post at a late date. I enjoyed seeing your sky photos. I love looking at a night sky and am always in awe of seeing stars (that I usually do not see). May your birding trips be filled with wonder and joy. Thank you for nature's miracle that you presented in your blog. I also loved the Carpenter song.

Ruth Ayres said...

Lovely photos and a beautiful reminder.