Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Auden

I've been reading Auden's For The Time Being. I haven't gone all the way through it yet, but in reading around I found this quote which I liked. Mary and Joseph are about to flee to Egypt:

"Safe in Egypt we shall sigh
For lost insecurity;
Only when her terrors come
Does our flesh feel quite at home."

This seems appropriate for living in Tecwil. Although sometimes I would like to live in a place where things work and life is more predictable, there's something to be said for unpredictability as well.

I really like Auden, though I often feel I'm missing some of the background knowledge necessary to understand everything. I don't have an edition with good notes, just this book that I found somewhere or other.

I like this one. And lots of others.

No comments: