Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sunday Night Blues

I don't want to write about the rat that built a nest behind our giant, heavy bookcase and used portions of my children's toys, socks, paper, and other unidentifiable objects to do so. I don't want to describe the mess, the smell, and the work involved in ridding the house of the remains of this nightmare. I don't even want to get started on my complaining about things that aren't working, and the fact that it's Carnival time and everybody is going to be too busy with debauchery to come fix anything. At least the internet is up, and there is enough power in the batteries to fuel my surfing.

Here are some things I've enjoyed reading this evening:

Semicolon linked to this funny article on how to talk about books you haven't read - and there's even a book about it!

Here are two new-to-me blogs that I'll be visiting again: Bluebird's Classroom, Chicken Spaghetti.

What books do you hate? Cindy, over at Dominion Family, courageously posted about the books she hated that everybody else seemed to love. Apparently this struck a nerve, as there are 60 comments at last count.

Can I just say how glad I am that when I get a haircut, it's not international news? The worst I have to deal with is having one of my students say, "Oh, you got your hair cut. Why?"

Here are some DP blogs that made me smile today: Budapest, Cambridge, Istanbul, Seattle, and, of course, as always, Sharon, CT.

Well, I'm feeling more cheerful than when I started this post. I think I'll go to bed!

1 comment:

Deb said...

I just decided to pop in and visit and Yick!!!!!!

BTDT on removing rodent nests. I would like to say the possum nests are about the smelliest... and they are bigger than rats nests....

Hang in there, friend. :)

Deb