Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sad

I just wrote "January 13th" on my white board in my classroom, because tomorrow is a day of mourning to commemorate the earthquake of January 12th, 2010. On January 12th last year I wrote the same thing on the board right before I left the room. That date remained on the wall until the day that board was taken down. Writing "January 13th" was not easy today.

I feel desperately, desperately sad. I grieve the losses of life, property, and hope. Thirty-five seconds took so much from this country. Tomorrow we will remember that day, relive the memories, grieve for those we will not see again until Heaven.

We will never forget.

2 comments:

Janet said...

How can it have been a whole year? Even for me, so far removed from your experience, it seems much more recent.

Praying for you.

Tricia said...

{{{hugs}}}