31 minutes ago
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
I've been watching the TCK series over at Djibouti Jones with interest. She's featured many voices, and today she has mine. Head on over to read my piece about Dave Pollock, a man who has been so important in my life and the lives of many other TCKs and their parents: Tribute to a Pioneer.
Saturday, July 27, 2013
Saturday, July 20, 2013
Friday, July 12, 2013
Friday, July 05, 2013
- Many ways to say good night.
- Fireworks at a pier on the Fourth of July
- spell it with red wheels and yellow spokes.
- They fizz in the air, touch the water and quit.
- Rockets make a trajectory of gold-and-blue
- and then go out.
- Railroad trains at night spell with a smokestack mushrooming a white pillar.
- Steamboats turn a curve in the Mississippi crying a baritone that crosses lowland cottonfields to razorback hill.
- It is easy to spell good night.
- Many ways to spell good night.
- Carl Sandburg
|This poem was featured this week on YourDailyPoem.com. It seemed appropriate for these relaxed, lazy summer days and nights here in the US. It is wonderful to have a slower pace, no early morning meetings, and time with family and friends. Even though our Fourth of July plans were rained out, I love this atmospheric, quintessentially American poem. Hope you're enjoying your summer! |
Here's today's Poetry Friday roundup.