I got tagged for this meme by Writer2B
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
What were you doing five years ago?
1. I was staying home with an infant, a stage of life I absolutely love
2. I was nursing all the time
3. I was running on less sleep than the 8 uninterrupted hours I prefer
4. I had no internet at home, so I was walking every day to a nearby computer with my baby in the front pack to check email
5. I was adjusting to having two children
What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order)?
1. Supervise standardized testing (yawn)
2. Grade student drafts
3. Finish up survey and make copies (committee work, yawn again)
4. Finish the book I'm reading so I can take it back to the library tomorrow
5. Post grades on the computer, work on summer reading assignments, do plans for next week, oops, that's more than five...
What are five snacks you enjoy?
1. Jelly beans - someone just visited from the States and brought a container of them, and I can't quit eating them
2. Chips and dip
3. Fruit - particularly a mango, a peach, or a tangerine
5. Chocolate in almost any form
What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
I don't think I can think about a billion. That number is too big. But here goes...
1. Arrange to have 24-hour electricity in the neighborhood where I live - I think the whole city would go beyond my financial reach even if I were a billionaire
2. Find some families doing difficult jobs in difficult places and support them financially so they wouldn't have to worry about money
3. Fund a public library system in the country where I live
4. Fund breastfeeding education so that babies could get the best start even if they live in impoverished conditions
5. Give random gifts to people, just because, the way others have done for me
What are five of your bad habits?
2. Overthinking decisions because I see all the possible problems - because of this I can be resistant to change
5. Getting obsessive about whatever my current interest is
What are five places where you have lived?
3. United States
4. France (OK, it was just for a summer, but I was 19, and it was a very important summer)
5. The beautiful, warm, friendly, poor, rich, tropical country where I live now
What are five jobs you’ve had?
2. Telephone surveys and medical transcription (that's two different jobs, but I wanted to mention them both)
3. Library worker, in various different capacities
4. Teacher of every age from Pre-K through college
What five people do you want to tag?