Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I'm It!

I got tagged by Dr. Bacchus. I'm supposed to tell you five things you don't know about me. If you don't know something, there's probably a good reason. Either it's just really not that interesting, or I don't want to tell you, or...well, I'm sure there are other reasons too. So...

Well, for one, I'm Time Magazine's Person of the Year! (Oh, wait, so are you. Never mind.)

Here goes.

1) My elbows are double-jointed. Yes, I am a freak.

2) One of my students (when I was teaching college) once wrote "homegirl chillin" on an evaluation of me. I didn't know what it meant. I found out that it was a compliment.

3) I have had dengue fever but not malaria.

4) I still have my tonsils, my adenoids, my appendix, my gallbladder, and my wisdom teeth.

5) I am sitting in a room where several small boys are fighting each other with plastic flamingos. And yet, I am calm and serene.


So, Dr. B, are there any of those you didn't know? Besides the last one?

I'm not going to tag anybody. But if you, Reader and fellow Person of the Year, feel like sharing obscure things about yourself, please do. Either in the comments or on your own blog. And if it's on your own blog, let me know about it so I can read and learn. Thank you.

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Pink flamingos!?!? I had pink flamingos in my classroom--were you at school? How funny!f

Ruth said...

Indeed I was. :-D