Sunday, October 21, 2007

More Links to Other People

Ursula K. Le Guin has some interesting things to say about writing. Thanks to Semicolon for getting me browsing on this site.

I found this next one on Blogger and it's priceless: The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks. And a link from that site to one mocking my own pet peeve - Apostrophe Abuse.

And here's The YA YA YAs, a blog about YA literature. And Poetry for Children, a blog about - well, you figure it out. Thanks, Chicken Spaghetti.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

apostrophe abuse: it makes me crazy when mom-friends use "mom's" as a plural. ack!! for some reason, that one sends me over the edge quicker than other abuses.

I saw a picture on Flickr the other day - a "funny sign" that had a space between the main word and an s. Someone mused that they had painted over an errant apostropher - and sure enough, somebody else had a photo from a couple years earlier where it still had the apostrophe! I should track them down and submit them to that blog. :^)

Anonymous said...

Ursula K Le Guinn is a great writer - I love the Earthsea trilogy and also the Left Hand of Darkness. Thanks for the link, I didn't know about her site, plenty more to read there.

best wishes.
Lynette.