Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday

I never got my act together enough today to participate in Poetry Friday, but lots of people did and here's the roundup at Big A little a. I did, however, finish enough work in my classroom that I'm not going to go over to work there at all tomorrow! I brought some grading home, but not much. I'm planning to have a relaxing weekend. We'll see if it really works out that way.

We've been trying half this week to get some water delivered, and it finally came today - 3,000 gallons pumped into our cistern. The level in there was low enough that I was starting to worry that the pump wouldn't be able to reach it any more to move it up to our roof. Since it's the dry season, we're being very careful with our water - we save bath water to water plants or flush toilets, and those toilets only get flushed when they really need it. (Should you be interested, you can read more about the water situation in our neighborhood and in other parts of the developing world here.)

This evening I read this post about the blogger's personal experiences in Kenya recently. And still no settlement announcement from Nairobi. I'm starting to wonder if Kofi Annan's optimism was really warranted.

Now off to watch something mindless.

No comments: