Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Carnival Time

Apparently some people are still on Spring Break. A hearty phooey to those people was my first reaction, but then I tried to concentrate on feeling happy for them. Nah, my emotions are still in the phooey range.

This is not helped by the fact that we only got three hours of electricity last night and that my house is overrun by ants AND mice in spite of my conviction that these two creatures are not supposed to coexist. We are having very Spring Breaky weather, though, so that's something.

Here's this week's Education Carnival, the Teachers Gone Wild Spring Break Edition. I'm hoping reading it will make me feel a bit more charitable.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I have NO grounds for saying this since I live with stable electricity that's available 24x7, but I feel the need to say that three (3) hours is better than none. I'm glad you didn't have your new electrical meter stolen while you were at the beach. That's something to celebrate. Now, you can get electricity when the rest of the neighborhood gets it.

Okay, you can tell me that I have no idea what it's like to live with only 3 hours of electricity a day. And, you would be absolutely right. I can't imagine how you keep from going crazy or ranting every day about the lack of electricity. As it is, you are very restrained (in my humble opinion).

Ruth said...

No, you're right, Matsu. It's totally something to celebrate. And last night we got at least five or six hours, so I'll stop complaining now. :-)

Thanks for saying I'm restrained, though. Sometimes I feel like that subject is all I ever talk about.

Anonymous said...

In regard to the mice---obviously,, you need a cat. Or two. :-)

Anonymous said...

...or a pet mouse that eats ants!

No fair that others are still taking a break. A hearty phooey, along with yours! :-)