Monday, September 08, 2008

Monday

I can understand why people worship the sun. That feeling you get when it appears in the sky after days of gloom is certainly a spiritual one. Ecstasy, just about.

We had a professional development day scheduled for today but our speaker couldn't come - his flight was canceled. (We shouldn't schedule any special events for storm season. Or election season. Or kidnapping season. Or riot season. Or, really, ever. As Homer Simpson would say, "So you tried, and you failed. The lesson here is: don't try.") We're going to meet anyway and I'm sure we'll get some things done.

Here's to a sunny week!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so excited that you quoted Homer in your blog.

Ruth said...

I love Homer! I'm reading The Iliad right now.

Oh, THAT Homer. Yeah. Sometimes his wisdom is just the ticket. :-)

Anonymous said...

Can't say as I've been an admirer of Homer... but you're right, in this case he's quite right! :)

Who's next?