Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Slice of Life Tuesday: Hair

My last passport had a terrible photo on it. It looked as though I hadn't even combed my hair that morning (maybe I hadn't). I had a baby at the time, and was taking him to get his first passport. His photo was adorable. 

 

Every time I traveled with that passport, I wanted to explain. I don't really look like that. I was getting my baby ready that morning, and didn't even look in the mirror. That's why it looks like a mugshot. I'm not a felon, honest. 

 

I feel that way all the time now, now that I haven't had a haircut in eight months. Honestly, I didn't grow this terrifying mop of grey elflocks on purpose. I prefer to have my hair cut every eight weeks. I don't really look like this. 

 

So I was surprised the other day at work when a high school student walked by me and commented, "Miss, you're so pretty! I love your hair! It looks like the seventies!"

 

I managed, "Thank you," but other than that I was rendered speechless. Probably just as well.


3 comments:

Kathleen Neagle Sokolowski said...

This was such a fun post to read this morning! I can totally relate to not being able to fix yourself but the baby looks adorable. So funny that the students think you have a retro look. Go with it!

Stacey Shubitz said...

I’d take that compliment and run with it since kids are so honest!

arjeha said...

I really think that no matter how good you look it is the job of passport photographers and those who take pictures for your drivers license to take the worst possible picture of you and then say it looks good.