Saturday, January 06, 2007

What I Did Over My Christmas Break

I have to go back to work on Monday! I can't remember when I've had such a relaxing, enjoyable time off school. And yet, I haven't done much that was exciting. I've just stayed home and:

*eaten good food.
*slept.
*played with my kids.
*watched six puppies be born.
*read.
*blogged (this is the 38th post since I wrote about the last day of school!).

I also went to a couple of parties to celebrate Christmas and New Year's. And we went out for lunch once and for ice cream once.

The weather has been perfect - cool and breezy. It hasn't rained in a few weeks and the dust is getting bad, but there's no humidity.

The best part, really, was that I got all my school work done at the beginning of the break. We had a few extra days off due to the deteriorating security situation in this country, and I used those days to plan units and lessons, clean up my classroom, grade and enter grades, all that good stuff. So I could really relax, knowing that stuff was done. I hardly went in to school after that, until today, when I went and spent a couple of hours making sure that everything is really ready for Monday.

And of course, when you're a teacher, you're always thinking about teaching with part of your mind. At least I am. So I did some planning at home here and there.

One thing I meant to get to and didn't was working on photo albums. And I still have the rest of the weekend, so maybe I'll even get some of that done!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I love your blog. It's very entertaining (not this post but previous ones.) Glad you had a good vacation.

Ruth said...

Thanks, Jess! I'm not sure if you're laughing AT me or laughing WITH me, but I'll take it! :-)

Jessica said...

i wouldn't laugh AT you.
i just read my comment again...i think the wording needed some work.

Ruth said...

Hey, Jessica, not at all! I was just being facetious. :-)