Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Marathon

We had a staff get-together on Sunday, and our speaker talked about running. She has run several marathons, and she compared the school year of a teacher to a marathon. Here we are at Mile 20, looking up at Heartbreak Hill. The end is near, but not quite yet in sight. And it seems as though we can't go one more step.

Today we have a day off (May Day is a public holiday here, as in many countries of the world), but here I am in my classroom. I was entering grades, but city power went off, so I'm taking a little internet break while I wait for the generator to come on (this computer has battery power, but the one with the grade program doesn't). I have so much to do and it seems that even if I work all the time, I'm never finished. I am really ready for this marathon to be over.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Ruth, I am so there with you. This year I saved some of my fun units for the end of the year, so it's better than some years. But yes, the end is in sight.