Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Last Day of School

No posts since Saturday, because I've been working madly to be finished with everything. All that's left on my "work" to-do list now is cleaning my classroom. Yesterday the eighth graders were promoted to high school. I had to stay at school late yesterday for the Middle School party in the evening, and I finished up all my grade-posting and various other tasks. Today I have my seventh graders briefly before they go off for their fun time.

And then...we're done for the year!

Finally! This has been the longest school year on record, I think. Part of that is that the stability in the country was quite good, and we only had two extra days off that could be traced to political problems this year (really, this time, security problems). Last year it was more like three weeks. I'm not complaining about the stability, though - it has been a great blessing.

Now I'm off to survive this last day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, "political instability" days? That kind of puts "they called a snow day for this? i guess it's icier out on the township roads!" complaints in context!