Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Transformed

The new transformer has been installed. The power company came today and put it up on the pole, only three weeks after we purchased it. (We went together with a bunch of neighbors, knowing that the power company would not replace the burned-out one in our lifetimes.)

We're excited - now when/if the city power comes on tonight, we'll have lights! (Right now we're running the generator.)

And just think, gentle reader, now this blog can stop being all about how I have no electricity. I was about to change the title to "Whine Whine Whine Poor Me in the Dark."

2 comments:

Anjuli said...

coming from a country that is mostly without electricity- believe me I can relate to the whines- but I'm glad that you now will be blest with electricity!! Boy doesn't it feel good!!!???

Ruth said...

Thanks Desertstar, but as you can see, our joy was short-lived.