Saturday, June 26, 2010

I Have Finished the Race

This morning my daughter and I walked the local 5K. It's a run, but I walk almost every year. I missed it last year but blogged about it two years ago. It was fun to do it with my daughter - last time she was in it, I was pushing her in her stroller and she was two years old. That year she enjoyed it a lot more - as we came to the end she said, "That was easy!" This time she complained most of the way and kept announcing her imminent death. She finished, though!

Once again, the T-shirt this year was made in Haiti. I'm praying for people in Haiti whose race is so much harder than mine and who are running it with discipline and courage.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

I can imagine the comments your daughter was making... :^o

I read your post from 2 years ago and noticed where you said that women your age in the town had better things to do. In the 5K that I've done the past two years, women in their 30s and 40s (and maybe also 50s?) outnumber the men in those age groups! It's a little more balanced in the 10K, but men outnumber women in the half marathon.

Ruth said...

I didn't really pay much attention to the makeup of the race this year. I think it has grown. This year there were a couple of people I know who are around my age and who are actual athletes, so I had no illusions I would get a medal!