Monday, June 03, 2013

Summer

It's the first Monday of the summer break, and I have such a long list of things I want to do - particularly in the few weeks before we do some traveling out of the country - that I am a little paralyzed. I do this every weekend, imagining that those days off will be ten times as long as they actually will, nourishing sky-high expectations of what I will accomplish.

One of the things I want to get done is some posting on this blog, particularly my long-neglected book reviews of everything I've read since my last reading update, at the beginning of April. I also want to post about the sessions I attended at the IRA conference in San Antonio.

It's a beautiful morning, still a little breezy but I can already tell it's going to be extremely hot today. Summer stretches out ahead of me today, and I'm trying not to think of how soon it will be over.

1 comment:

Linda B said...

Happy Summer, Ruth! I have till the end of the week! Am really looking forward to 'not' running out of the house! (at least for a while...)