Saturday, May 20, 2006

Recent Links

I want to draw your attention to some links I've recently added to my "Sites I Visit" list.

First, did you know Lois Lowry has a blog? I've been reading her book Gathering Blue with my seventh graders. I hadn't read The Giver before, either, and just had that great pleasure last week. What a book - full of ideas to ponder and discuss. Lois Lowry is a wonderful writer, and what's more, she updates her blog pretty regularly! (In Thursday's post entitled "Middle School Language Art Links," you'll find a link to websites of other YA authors.)

The Carry On Journal is a new online magazine whose purpose is "to give multi-cultured people a chance to explore their unique perspective on the human condition." The first issue was recently posted. Take a look!

Recently on Tulip Girl's blog, I found a link to my new favorite, Paris Daily Photo. Apparently there are dozens of other Daily Photo blogs - you can see a list at the Paris site. People around the world are posting a photo a day from the town or city where they live. Hey, friends and relatives in fascinating places - why don't you do the same? I'd try it, but since I rarely go anywhere except work, home, and church, I don't think I'd be able to keep it up for long. (Not that there aren't many strange and wonderful sights in those three places and the roads leading from one to another!)

These are just the latest additions to my links. Check the others out, too.

2 comments:

Bridget said...

I love "Are We Doing Anything Today?" Thanks for pointing it out!

Ruth said...

I didn't even highlight that one and you found it anyway! :-)

I liked that one too. I've been looking at a bunch of teacher blogs and this one was one of my favorites.