Friday, July 18, 2008

Poetry Friday - Louisville Zoo

We went to the Louisville (KY) Zoo on Tuesday. I highly recommend going in the middle of the week because there was hardly anyone there when we first arrived. Later in the day more people came but it never got unpleasantly crowded.

We found most of the things we expected - lions, tigers, no bears because they are at another zoo right now. However, I found something I wasn't expecting: poems.

In the middle of the zoo there is a tiny cemetery. Here it is:



Some signs explain what it is (you can click on all these photos to enlarge them):





But there was a poem, too, written, I'm guessing, by a member of the family.



There was another poem, too, but I only got a picture of one part of it.



You can read the rest here.

And you can read other people's Poetry Friday posts at the roundup here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's something very touching about both of these. They take me back to my child's world where everything had consciousness and could speak -- trees, stones.

I liked that world.