Friday, August 15, 2008

Friday

Once again, I didn't get a Poetry Friday post written today, but once again plenty of other people did.

Today was a holiday - Assumption Day - but I spent the day in my classroom anyway. I am just about ready for Tuesday's first day of school. I still need five more desks, and those are supposed to be at school tomorrow. I also need to do some kind of seating chart for my first day with my new seventh graders - oh yes, I've heard the stories about this class! I am reserving judgment but I am also going to be prepared.

It is hot hot hot hot. This morning before going to school I looked at the local weather. It was 88 degrees, feels like 99. A couple of hours later it was 93 degrees, feels like 106. Right now it's 88, feels like 101. I'm not really complaining - I'd much rather be warm than cold - but this kind of weather is wearing. I'm thankful for air conditioning in my classroom. There's no AC at home but plenty of fans.

We got a water truck yesterday because our cistern was way down. We got 3000 gallons delivered for the equivalent of $48 US. It's gone up since the last time, but compared with the other prices, not so much. Of course, since we had just put lots of water into the cistern, we got a good hard rain last night, too.

No comments: