Tuesday, March 02, 2021

Slice of Life Tuesday: March Loss

Even though I live in the tropics and the seasons don't change dramatically here, there are subtle indications that March is here. The sun is rising a few minutes earlier. The temperature is starting to go up from our wintry lows in the upper 60s. Soon it will be hot again, and not just pleasantly warm and breezy.


But yesterday I read an announcement on one of my birding groups on Facebook. "Warblers have started to head north." It was written as a thrilling heads up to those people who live up north. Spring is coming! It's exciting to see the birds come back!


But to me, it will be a sad loss. I'll miss our little warbler friends. Sure, we still have plenty of local birds, and they are all wonderful, but I got used to the extra chirping and flashes of color from the visitors. I'll look forward to their return.

 

Check out what everyone else is posting today. 


Female American Redstart, Source eBird.com




3 comments:

Jill Bless said...

I wrote about migrating birds today, also. So interesting how this is a small loss to you. I can see why. Living in the midwest, hearing the birds again is hope for us. Winter is packing up and soon warm days will be upon us. Thank you for sharing your words today.

Carol Labuzzetta said...

HI, Ruth! I wrote about birds today too! I am in Wisconsin and we will be one of the beneficiaries of the birds you are losing to spring migration. I cannot identify warblers but many people I know can..... Thank you for sending the birds our way!
~ Carol ~

Celia Fisher said...

It's amazing how birds are such a herald to different seasons and your loss is someone else's gain. I'm sure there'll be many to welcome them as you sadly see them leave with all their flashes of colour!